Company name: Flowcytogen Laboratories Ltd
Tel: +30 211 10 21 600
Address: 21st Km Lauriou Ave. 19400, Koropi – Athens, Greece
Α “spin-out” company of P. Zafiropoulos S.A., founded in 2009. It is a certified laboratory of excellence for the application of mRNA Flow FISH techniques with the use of Multi Parametric Flow Cytometry. Our mission is the monitoring of personalized therapy (theragnostics), along with the rapid diagnosis and analysis of multiple parameters down to the single cell level. Research for the development of finished diagnostic-prognostic products, in the field of cytomics, for colorectal cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer, leukemias, and the specialized immune response to viral infections.
Technology and R&D
Flowcytogen has the exclusive responsibility for the promotion and application of the technique mRNA Flow FISH in Greece and the entire Europe.
Based on technology developed by internationally renowned research establishments, the company targets the development of cell-level (single-cell Genomics & Proteomics) Molecular Analysis finished products. The main platform used is that of poly-parametric Flow Cytometric Analysis, in combination with intracellular detection of mRNA (mRNA Flow FISH). Flowcytogen aims at products intended for individualized therapy and therapy monitoring in the fields of Oncology, Immunology, Microbiology and Hematology.
International Partners & Collaborators
- INCELLDX (USA)
- PARTEC GmbH (GERMANY)
- JENA BIOSCIENCE LABORATORIES (GERMANY)
National Clients & Collaborators
- ATTIKON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF ATHENS
- MEDICAL SCHOOL OF ATHENS UNIVERSITY
- IMMUNOLOGY LABORATORY OF EVAGGELISMOS HOSPITAL OF ATHENS
- ALEXANDER FLEMING RESEARCH INSTITUTION
- MEDICAL SCHOOL OF THE UNIVERSITY OF IOANNINA
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF IOANNINA
- BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE ACADEMY OF ATHENS
Technologies/services offered or sought
- Specialized, Multi-parametric Cytomics Analyses:
- Multi – analyte services
- R&D Consulting
- Quality Control
- Preclinical and Clinical Trials
Target Partners & Collaborations
The company offers pre-clinical and clinical trial services in biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies including:
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics services In-Vitro
- Pre-clinical protocol evaluation
- Clinical studies
- Clinical product evaluation
PUBLICATIONS – PRESENTATIONS
- 7th Hellenic Congress of Flow Cytometry (2012): Study of HEAT SHOCK proteins expression in human brain tumors biopsies. A. Karamoutsios1, G. Alexiou2, G. Lallas3, L. Ntova1, S. Boulgaris2, G. Vartholomatos1.
1Hematolology Laboratory of Ioannina University Hospital, 2Neurosurgical Clinic of Ioannina University Hospital, 3Flowcytogen Laboratories Ltd.
- 21st Hellenic Congress of AIDS/HIV (2009). Intracellular detection of HIV gag-pol mRNA with Flow Cytometry: Method evaluation and HIV tropism determination with inter-laboratory quality control (Preliminary Results). Psarra K.1 , Lallas G.2, Zafiropoulos Th.2, Kapsimali V.1
1Immunology Laboratory of Evaggelismos Hospital, 2Flowcytogen Laboratories Ltd
- 5th Santorini International Conference (2010) – Theragnostics: mRNA FlowFish- A Novel approach in HIV TROPISM detection – A valuable tool on the decision over CCR5 blockers. George Lallas and Theodore Zafiropoulos, Flowcytogen Laboratories Ltd.
- 27th International Papillomavirus Conference September 17-22, Berlin, Germany (2011). HPV E6, E7 mRNA Quantification with Combined Cellular Normalization. G. Lallas1, Th. Zafiropoulos1, Cr. Kottaridis2, A. Spathis2, P. Karakitsos2
1Flowcytogen Laboratories Ltd., 2Cytology Laboratory of Attikon University Hospital of Athens.